VINTAGE WHATMAN WATERCOLOR PAPER c.1984
- A Legendary paper that is no longer made-
- Whatman papers have been the gold standard for fine papers since the 1700's.
- This Antique mould made paper is no exception, it is carefully crafted to bring out the best in watercolour painting.
- Whatman company stopped producing watercolour paper to make the purest filter & scientific papers, much to the disappointment of artists world wide. Some artist papers were made as late as the 1980's.
- Artists such as Winslow Homer & John Singer Sargent quite often used rough surfaced Whatman cylinder mold made papers- because they could count on them to consistently take allot of handling and bring out the brilliance in their work.
- Every water color painter should experience painting on this superlative paper. Photo shows smoother back side above & front side below.
- A Legendary paper that is no longer made:
- >This is a heavy 140 pound/ 290 grams weight watercolour paper -
- (the standard measurement of paper 290 grams weight is the weight per square meter, this weight is also called 140 Pound per ream for this size paper)
- >This is one of the brightest white watercolour papers ever made, it makes colors sing.
- >Wonderfully and expertly sized to bring out the brilliance of colors on the paper.
- >It designated rough surface. It is a bit smoother than other rough papers.The back side is even smoother closer to a cold pressed paper.
- >It is 100% rag cotton paper, Acid free and Neutral in pH Made in England at the Springfield Mill, Madestone, Kent.
- >This paper is in very good condition. There may be very minor dents or irregularities that lend character to the old Antique paper.
>This is one of the last of the great artist papers by Whatman available in a very limited supply.
VINTAGE WHATMAN WATERCOLOR PAPER 140 Lb.ROUGH Mould Made
~Sale~ $18 per sheet PF 25
$8 SHIPPING by US Priority Mail ROLLED UP - any quantity
This is Antique paper which may have slight dents to edges & interior. No returns allowed- please order the sample size below first.
5 x 7 SAMPLE of 1984 Whatman 140 lb. Mould Made Paper
$4 Includes shipping by US Mail - US only DES 25